February 8th, 2011 | Uncategorized | 0 Comments
Lipstick is the most toxic of all cosmetics.
Did you know that women ingest anywhere from 7 to 12 POUNDS of lipstick in their lifetime.
Some lipsticks contain substances that can cause cancer, deformities and stillbirths. Many women also experience dryness, chapping, cracked and peeling lips from using lipsticks. The cause of the problems may be the perfume oils used, any of the colors, indelible dyes, vehicles for the dyes, or some of the other ingredients in the lipstick. It also contains lanolin, which can cause allergic reactions. Most contain coal tar dyes that are carcinogenic.
But here’s the real kicker…An ingredient so toxic it isn’t allowed in paint or gasoline may be lurking in your lipstick. LEAD! You know that stuff that had everyone freaked out because it was in those toys from China? That stuff.
How about this one…the FDA is not required to list lead as an ingredient in lipstick. You know how they advertise some lipsticks to be long lasting, well the ingredient that gives it the long lasting effect in aluminum with causes anaemia, osteomalacia (brittle or soft bones), glucose intolerance, and cardiac arrest in humans.
Thank God there are alternatives to all those toxic lipsticks, here is an awesome company that doesn’t use all that funky stuff…http://www.urbandecay.com/categories/lips.cfm